- Climate Initiatives Program
- One Bay Area Grants
- Bay Area Prosperity Plan
- Energy Management
- SF Bay Plan
- Clean Air Plan
Working Group Co-Chairs
Chinatown Community Development Cener
The goal of this work area is to ensure that under-represented groups most in need of affordable housing and quality jobs have a real voice in the development and implementation of the Regional Prosperity Plan. To achieve this goal the Equity Collaborative will partner with grass-roots organizations and underserved communities, as well as the Economic Prosperity and Housing working groups to promote equity goals, principles and measurements.
The purpose of the Equity Collaborative is to:
- Coordinate activities with the Consortium, Steering Committee, Housing the Workforce Work Group and Economic Prosperity Work Group to ensure strong equity outcomes for the Regional Prosperity Plan;
- Propose guidelines that support the institutionalization of equity goals, principles and measurements in all decision-making processes and investments by MTC and ABAG; and
- Achieve long-term integration of equity goals and principles in regional, county and local decision-making processes and outcomes.
Key outcomes for this work plan include:
- Common understanding among the three working groups, the Steering Committee and Consortium members on equity goals and principles for the project;
- Recognition and support for existing and emerging equity work at the grassroots level – including the provision of resources, best practices and inspiring case studies – to support the expansion of this work to other jurisdictions in the region;
- Inclusion of more equity goals, principles, outcomes and measurements by regional agencies and local jurisdictions through participation in the Regional Prosperity Plan project;
- Integration of residents’ priorities and recommendations for low-income neighborhoods in a way that directly influences outcomes;
- Provision of knowledge and tools to community-based organizations, underserved communities, and local jurisdictions to ensure that implementation of the Regional Prosperity Plan addresses the needs of low-income residents; and
- A Fair Housing and Equity Assessment that accurately captures the disparities in the region and identifies meaningful solutions to achieve the Collaborative’s equity goals and principles.